When a customer misses their appointment, it can be extremely frustrating for your stylists and technicians. The wax is ready; the nail polish is laid out, and then for some reason the client doesn’t turn up. While it’s not only annoying, it can also have an adverse impact on the revenue of your salon. If this happens repeatedly, it can also break down the communication between you and your client.
Thus, from this we can derive that nailing the communication in your salon is the essence of running a successful business. The way you communicate with your current and future clients says a lot about your business.
In the beauty business, no-shows are costly. The only way to reduce them is by breaking the communication barrier. Fortunately, with SMS marketing, salons and spas today can target new clients, driver in more business and decrease the number of missed appointments.
When it comes to client engagement, nothing speaks bigger than SMS. It can thrash even email and social media. 99% of the text messages you send your clients get opened, often within the first 3 minutes of being received. On an average, people look at their phone 85 times a day. Considering these statistics, it is important for salons to capitalise on this form of communication.
Salon management software such as MioSalon usually integrates with bulk SMS providers to not just reach your client but have a two-way conversation with them. The client can respond to your message and you can track their responses in the salon software. The whole chat history will be available in your account which you can use as a reference in the future as well.
Salon owners often ponder if SMS can be valuable to their business. The truth is that SMS is not just valuable but a game-changer for the beauty business. Whether you are new in the business or are struggling to maintain a bottom line, bulk SMS marketing can elevate your business to a whole new level.
- Improves efficiency: SMS improves the overall efficiency of your business. Once you start automating every process in your business, you’ll realise how much free time you have to devote to growing your business. With salon appointment software, you just have to set up automatic appointment confirmations and reminder messages which will automatically reach your clients days before their appointment. Once you set this up, you will never have to worry about no-shows.
- Creating a client experience: As a salon manager, it is vital to maintain a rapport with your clients. The best way to do that is to use SMS marketing. Whether it’s sending them an appointment reminder message or thanking them for coming in, the possibilities of SMS are limitless. You could also surprise and delight your clients with promo codes and discount coupons on special occasions such as birthday and anniversaries.
- Increase your revenue: When a client does not turn up for an appointment, immense time and money are lost. By scheduling automatic appointment reminders, you can maximise your profits and keep your stylists occupied throughout the day. SMS marketing is also an agreat way to reach out to clients you have not seen in a while.
- Enhances your brand personality: Besides making money, it is also important to make sure your salon shines in good light. With SMS, you can build client loyalty. After an appointment, you can ask your clients for reviews and referrals. These can in turn be used in business marketing to build a positive image of your salon.
Only when you start using SMS marketing in your business, you will be overwhelmed by its features. It is also known to reduce client churn rate. If you’re confused about how SMS can be a game-changer for your salon business, we have you covered. Start by using SMS in the following three ways and you’ll definitely see positive changes in your business:
Growing a business involves a great deal of stress. Remove the stress out of your business with easy-to-use marketing tools. Here’s how SMS can help you in automated marketing:
- Thank you messages: It is always important to be in your client’s good books. After they avail a service at your salon, send them a short and sweet message thanking them for choosing your salon. It’s a great way to lift your brand and maintain client relationships.
- Feedback requests: If you are looking to improve brand awareness and credibility over the internet, getting reviews from your clients is a must. With MioSalon, you can get reviews from your preferred channels such as Facebook, Google and Yelp.
- Rebooking messages: The best way to increase bookings on your salon appointment software is by sending rebooking reminders to your clients. For example, if a client is due for a hair colouring touch-up, send them an SMS few days in advance asking them to rebook. You can check the client history on your salon management software and customise your rebooking messages.
- Reconnect messages: The beauty of SMS is that you can use it to get in touch with clients you haven’t seen or heard from in a while. Lure them with discount coupons so that they get tempted to book. Remember, everyone loves free stuff.
Often, it so happens that clients schedule appointments weeks in advance and forget about it. This results in them not turning up and your stylist’s time and your salon’s revenue is lost. Sending out friendly reminders and confirmation messages will make sure they don’t miss out on an appointment.
- Confirmation messages: As soon as a client books an appointment on the software, send out an automated confirmation message.
- Reminder message: Remind clients of their upcoming appointment few days before and on the day of the appointment.
Executing target SMS marketing campaigns can drive revenue for your salon and increase brand awareness. You can conduct separate campaigns for your regulars as well as potential clients. The SMS content for each campaign can be determined by service, staff or last date visited.
You can even give your clients a chance to respond, and track their responses on the software. Here are few tips to get the most from your SMS campaigns:
- Personalise your text messages by using their first name
- Keep your message short and sweet, and two the point
- Figure the right time to send out messages. A time when the client will actually sit back and read your message.
- Keep your database up to date. What’s the point of SMS marketing if you are texting your clients on the wrong number. Update your database every two months.
- Ask your clients to leave reviews. Entice them by giving them a sweet deal on their next visit.
- SPAMMING is not allowed. If you spam your clients, they will opt-out of your SMS service. Setup automated marketing messages based on client history and behaviour.
Get started with SMS marketing today, and see how it changes your beauty business forever. Reputed clients in the hair and beauty business have been swearing by MioSalon, salon management software, to automate their marketing and business efforts. It’s time you too give your salon the hint of automation. Speak to us and we’ll give you a virtual tour of MioSalon. Contact us on +91-735 803 0525.