Are you an owner of a successfully running salon? If yes, what is it that prompted you to set foot into the beauty industry? What is it that fuels your passion and keeps you going?
Before every aspiring salon owner sets out on this tough but rewarding journey, he/she would have envisioned something special they want to achieve. Nobody starts something just because someone else is doing it. There is a clear intent or dream behind every business goal. This aim or declaration usually takes the form of a mission statement for a salon.
Without a clear idea about where you want to see your salon in the next five or ten years, your business will cease to exist. Thus, have you ever stopped and realised what the mission of your salon is? While some salon owners have their intent crystal clear, there are many others who are hitting the wall deciding the clear intent of their business.
What is a Salon Mission Statement?
It is a short, written declaration that describes your business values, goals and vision. It gives your potential clients a rough idea of what your salon is all about and helps them understand your importance. In today’s competitive world, a salon mission statement is essential if you want to be successful.
As a salon owner, you may have your mission outlined in your mind. However, it is extremely vital to pen it down because when you run a salon, it’s not just you but an army of people that contribute to the operations and overall functioning of your business.
Thus, a salon mission statement ensures the right message is being passed on to those connected with your brand directly or indirectly. It also ensures your team is on the same page as you are thus prompting them to strive towards the same goal.
While the intent behind writing a mission statement for salon is clear, let’s move towards the guidelines you must consider when writing one.
How to Write a Salon Mission Statement that will Work?
Before writing a mission statement for a salon, you need to identify few things about your salon that make it distinct. It’s not just a statement that aims at making your clients look and feel good. Instead, it’s important that you identify what is it that makes your business unique. Here are few points you must consider:
1. Describe what your salon does
The first sentence of your mission statement must describe what you do. It should precisely highlight why a customer must come to you. Instead of selling yourself, tell them exactly what you offer. For example, if you take pride in using sustainable practices in your salon, let them know. Remember, never undervalue your business.
2. Be authentic
As mentioned earlier, a mission statement defines your salon and tells your customer exactly how it fills the market need. Instead of making false promises, stay true to the roots of your salon. Ensure your mission is a truthful representation of your salon culture and business model.
3. Motivate and inspire employees
It’s not just clients that you attract with a mission statement, but employees too. Remember, your business is only as good as the people you employ. Thus, your statement should effectively convey an essence of your salon culture. It should tell potential recruits why they must come and work with you. An uplifting salon mission statement motivates and inspires existing as well as potential employees. Do you know? One-on-One Meetings are the secret to Motivate Salon Teams.
4. Be unique
It is important to be realistic with your mission statement. No two salons can have the same mission statement. It is important to review your goals from time to time in order to craft a mission that matches your business objective.
5. Write for the owners
If you have a certain intention, you want people who are running the business with you to share the same goal. The best way to achieve this is by highlighting to them in the mission statement the kind of business you intend to run. Not all salon owners look at profit as the sole motive. Creating a happy workplace or making use of sustainable or environmentally-sound practices can also be a motive.
Writing a Salon Mission Statement
Once you’ve collected the points you want to touch on, the real deal begins. Remember, the goal is to write a clear, concise and focused mission statement. It can be a sentence, a short paragraph or few bullet points. It should describe the core purpose of your company and its future aspirations.
Many salon owners have pointed out that getting the mission statement right in the first go is actually a challenge. Make sure that everything you have written down is specific to your business. If the statement includes industry jargons or buzzwords, remove them immediately. Also, it should not be overly complex and must be easy to decipher by anyone reading it.
A good practice is to ask yourself if you actually believe what you have written. At any point if you feel like what you’ve written does not match your intentions, change is right away. There is no room for false promises in a salon mission statement.
If your friend or colleague has expertise in the beauty business, seek their help in crafting the perfect mission statement for your salon.
Salon Mission Statement Examples
If you are new to the beauty business, writing the perfect mission statement foryour salon can pose as a challenge. Before you write your own mission, it’s a good idea to get an inspiration from salons and spas similar to yours. Whether you’re a hair salon, nail salon, wellness spa or beauty parlour, we’ve crafted some mission statements that unique yet generic.
The intent of these samples is only to help you understand how to write a mission statement. Thus, we request you to not copy them. Instead, take inspiration from them and write your own mission that truly reflects your value.
Here are some of the best Hair & Beauty salon mission statement examples to enhance your salon business
1. To enhance the inner beauty and confidence in our clients by using state-of-art practices and superior quality products.
2. We aim at providing the finest services to our clients at industry competitive prices. Giving back to the society, using sustainable practices and eco-friendly products is our forte.
3. Our aim is to offer our clients unique grooming experiences every single time. Keeping up with current trends and training our team adequately is our biggest asset.
4. Our salon facility prioritizes customer experience. We go an extra mile in ensuring the finest products and equipment is used to create a memorable salon experience for our clients.
5. All our stylists share one common goal – to pay close attention to the little details of every service. We pledge to maintain the highest standard of hygiene and cleanliness within our facility, exceed your expectations and keep you coming back for more.
6. Our salon and spa endeavours to set the highest standard in hair and nail treatments. We pride ourselves in offering the best in-class equipment and tools in the beauty industry. Customer satisfaction is our forte and we go an extra mile in ensuring the well-being of every client.
7. Our aim is to provide a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere to every client where their needs and met and expectations are surpassed.
8. We pride ourselves as masters in the craft of hairdressing. Our speciality includes hair colouring and working with unique hair textures. Offering superior customer service and trending hair salon practices is our forte. Our aim is to transform your image to where you want to see yourself.
Now that you have a mission statement for your salon written, it’s time to display it and show it off to your employees and clients. A salon mission statement plays a key role in your overall business development. Thus, make sure to take it seriously. You can also publish your statement on your website, marketing collaterals and MioSalon salon software.