In this age and time, a great website is invaluable to every business. However, for certain industries, the need to have an engaging website is more intense than others. The beauty salon market is a highly competitive one.
With close to 39 million online business searches going on, the need of the hour is for you to draw customers to your salon website. The presence of your business on the internet is a must so that investors, customers and business partners understand what you do, the products you use and the services you offer. It is the easiest way to convert lookers into bookers.
Remember, your salon website is your sales pitch to the world. If you want to persuade new clients to walk through your salon door, you must make sure it is informative and attractive.
If you don’t have a website for your salon or spa, it’s high time you get one. On the other hand, if you have a website and it’s looking a bit tired and dull, now is the time to revamp it.
In this blog, we’ll discuss few ingredients to create a successful website for your salon.
- Do your homework: Before setting up your own website, it is a good idea to look at your competitor’s sites. Take a look at the layout and how the content is presented in general. You can also make a note of the strengths and weaknesses of each and takes notes on your salon management software. Use the observations as a roadmap to build your website, but don’t end up copying the findings. You can be booked for plagiarism. Instead, draw inspiration.
- Salon homepage: When a user visits your website, the first thing they will see is your homepage. Since you never get a second chance to create an impression, your homepage is the most important page. Your homepage should answer who you are, what you do, and why customers should choose you over hundred other beauty salons in the market. To make the homepage more enticing, highlight headings, use bullet points and attractive images. Also, make it easy for visitors to navigate around.
- Integrate online appointment booking: When you create a website for your salon or spa, you don’t want clients to simply look around and see how pretty your site looks. If you’ve got them this far, you want them to take some kind of call-to-action. By integrating your salon scheduling software with your website, you can instantly convert visitors into customers. Online booking makes it easy for visitors to book their appointment at any time of the day. MioSalon, salon software, makes it simple to an online appointment booking widget to your website. All you have to do is copy the code from your salon management software, and paste it on your website where you want your booking widget to appear. An online booking process is quick and allows customers to choose their service provider and apply promotional discounts.
- Let your menu do the selling: As mentioned earlier, your website is your sales pitch. In order to create an impression, you have to provide up-to-date information about your services and make information accessible for customers. Your services menu should be such that it encourages upsells. Incorporate positive feedback from your salon software on your website. Entice users by suggesting products for their wellbeing and increase their ticket size. Another important pre-requisite of a website is making sure it is mobile-optimised. Owing to the advent of smartphones, internet consumption has grown by 78%. When your website is more responsive and mobile-friendly, you’ll have more customers checking you out.
- Write for search engines: Quality content on a website has a host of benefits. If you’ve got an amazing copy, you will definitely be liked by search engines. Therefore, an important ingredient of creating a successful website is writing content-rich copy. This leads to a higher number of potential customers and helps websites rank better on search engine results. While pinning down the content, use a voice that your market and target group will appreciate. In addition to that, use words that reflect how a potential customer might search for your services. Remember, Google is the search king and you want to rank on page one by hook or by crook. 95% people do not look past the first page of Google as they most likely find a salon of their preference on the first page itself. Be the salon people are looking for.
- Sell gift cards online: As a salon owner, you’ll want to put your gift cards and certificates everywhere. The best way to improve gift card sales is by creating an online store. Gift cards make the perfect last-minute purchases. Online gift cards are a great way to contribute to significant amount of revenue and attract new clients. Salon management software makes gift card creation super simple. It also helps a salon manager track the number of vouchers redeemed.
- Marketing is vital: Having a website without exposure is like opening a business and telling no one about it. Wherever the name of your salon is listed, the web address should be mentioned. From business cards to company newsletters, social media, salon software and service receipts. If your marketing budget permits, you can also resort to online advertising tools such as pay-per-click to increase visibility and appear on search engine results. To drive traffic to your website, run promotions, deals and contests. Users find content like this engaging and are hence more likely to participate.
- Monitor and analyse: Most salon owners create websites that suit their personal preference and aesthetic. However, that seldom makes it effective. It is vital for a salon manager to sit with their team and analyse the weak points of the site. Always remember, your salon’s website is an extension of your business. Weekly and monthly updates are a must to keep clients keep coming back and looking forward to fresh content. It is always better to plan your content strategy in advance and set reminders to make these changes.
If you are still running your salon without a website, it’s time you get one. It puts your business right in front of customers and ahead of your competition. With MioSalon, salon management software, you can integrate your website so that you can serve customers in a better way, sell your products and services, and pull more customers to your salon. For more information, send an email to email@example.com or call at +91-735 803 0526.