The digital age is upon us in every possible aspect. With tight schedules, streamlining operations is the need of the hour. The first step towards this is going paperless. Besides restaurants and shops, salons to are opting for the paperless route thus eliminating clutter, improving productivity, cutting costs and saving precious time.
A salon uses paper in the following ways:
- To take down appointments (maintaining a register).
- To print receipts once the client has availed a service
- To maintain a client’s history and past appointment information
- To conduct a consultation at the beginning of every service
- And, for miscellaneous things such as maintenance of a sales report, inventory, staff record, bookkeeping, and tax.
Keeping all these daily tasks in mind, imagine how much paper is used every single day in a salon? It’s appalling. The best way to achieve a paperless office for your salon is by using salon software.
Going paperless will not just increase the productivity of your staff, but also result in better profitability to your salon business.
Here are a few ways in which salons can leverage the benefits of salon software while going paperless:
- Recording client histories: Maintaining client records is important to any salon. It not just builds the credibility of the salon, but also gives clients a sense of confidence that their hair or skin issues have been taken seriously. Making a note of all of this on paper can be a tiresome and time-consuming process. Salon software gives salon managers access to client history, service history, past appointments and current appointments at the click of a button.
- Taking appointments: Every time a client calls to make an appointment, a salon manager is seen scribbling down the name and contact number of the client. This is extremely unprofessional, and can definitely hamper the business of your salon. There are also chances of the tiny piece of paper flying out or landing in the waste paper bin. Salon software brings ease in the appointment taking and maintaining a process for clients and the salon respectively. It will also prevent double-booking cases and reduce the chances of human error.
- Paperless receipts: Paper receipts are passé. In the digital era, paperless receipts increase customer retention and improve brand perception. All you have to do is email it to them on their registered email ID after the service has been availed.
From the day a salon goes paperless, the productivity of the staff increases too.
- Eliminates stacking of files: Whether you’re a new kid on the block or an old hand, being plagued with a heap of files is something most salons experience. Physically counting and maintaining inventory can be an extremely tiring chore for the salon staff. This definitely reduces their productivity and motivation to work. Going paperless eliminates the need to deal with a large number of files thus igniting their passion and drive to work.
- Improves customer retention: The time spent on sifting through piles of paper can be used to interact with clients thus improving customer retention. It also helps in running a salon business more efficiently since it makes retrieval of an invoice or customer service history a lot easier.
- Eliminates paper clutter: A survey reveals that people choose a salon based on the look and feel. Paper clutter on the front desk of a salon can create a very bad impression on the hygiene and cleanliness front. A client may even rethink their decision of availing a service if the place looks messy and untidy. To encourage clients to visit your salon regularly, eliminate the clutter, and store all your records on salon software.
Before moving to a paperless office for your salon, understand the following points:
- Identify the areas where your salon needs to go paperless.
- Once you have determined the areas, develop a standardized process by using MioSalon, salon software.
- Provide proper training to your employees on how they can tap the full potential of the software to increase profits to the salon business.
- Once you start recording data digitally, you will see things getting clearer and organized which will further inspire and motivate the team around you.
For more information on MioSalon, visit https://www.miosalon.com.